Liturgy & Retreat
Liturgy, prayer, and retreat are very important branches of our Campus Ministry. Prayer allows us to focus on our relationship with God, the Church and one another. Since all of the liturgies are planned by students and guided by adults, this provides another opportunity for young women to grow in their faith and develop as Christian leaders.
The student retreat program is an essential component of educating the whole person. Campus Ministry student leadership plans and conducts day-long retreats for the freshman and sophomore classes, as well as a junior service learning retreat. On the senior level, the adult Campus Ministers offer seniors a four day, off-campus retreat experience in the fall and the spring of the senior year.
The retreat program at NDA gives our students the opportunity to pray together, to play together, to reflect and to grow in their relationship with God. Each year the retreat theme goes a little deeper to meet students where they are on their faith journeys.
- Freshman Retreat helps each student find her perfect fit here at NDA as she begins her high school journey.
- Sophomore Retreat focuses on recognizing one’s own God-given gifts and greatness as each student continues on the journey to become her best self.
- The Junior Service Learning Retreat integrates the study of the Eucharist in the junior religion curriculum. It's a service-learning experience focused on hunger, and prayer and personal reflection on the experience of being “Chosen, Blessed, Broken, and Shared.” The retreat offers students healthy ways to handle stress, reminding them that God is present to help them persevere. The retreat culminates in the Junior Ring Ceremony, at which students receive the physical symbols of their status as upperclass women and their commitment to the ideals of Notre Dame Academy.
- The Senior Retreat is a four-day experience that allows the seniors sacred time and space to ask the important questions and explore their relationship with self, others and God as they prepare to move on to college.
- Opening Liturgy (August)
- Family Mass (September)
- Notre Dame Day Liturgy (October)
- Founders' Day Prayer Service (October)
- All Saints' Day Liturgy (November)
- Thanksgiving Prayer Service (November)
- Advent Reconciliation Service (November/December)
- Immaculate Conception of Our Lady of Guadalupe Liturgy (December)
- Heritage Week (February/March)
- Ash Wednesday Liturgy (February/March)
- Lenten Reconciliation and Stations of the Cross (February/March)
- Holy Thursday Prayer Service (March)
- Mary’s Day Liturgy (May)
- Baccalaureate Liturgy (May)
Attending a Catholic high school gifted me with a deeper understanding of my faith and core beliefs.